Thursday, October 28, 2010

Well here I am!

Well, let me just start out by saying that getting this blog to look the way I wanted it to took me 2 hours and I dont much think I will be attempting that again! haha.. So tonight I was on facebook and Krystal Bowman had updated her blog and I was reading it thinking I should start one of these and then she told me I should  and it doesn't take much to talk me into doing something that sounds fun sooo here I am!! But anywho, let's get to the first "real" thing I want to blog about. 

THE BABY!
(a.k.a. "lil bushrod") .. i'll explain in a minute

October the 16th was a Saturday morning and I just had been feeling different and so I took a pregnancy test thinking I'm probably just overreacting and thinking too much into this. Well three minutes later I was sitting in the bathroom with two pink lines one which was pretty faint. So i'm thinking to myself "There has GOT to be a reason for this faint line and I only know of ONE." So I went into the livingroom and Bobby was watching his morning cartoons... which drive me crazy because they are like Yu-gi-oh and boyish cartoons like that.. Anyway! I wait until his show goes into commercial cuz I wanted his full and undivided attention and I said, "B I think you should know that you might be a daddy!" He looks up at me with the calmest face and says "What do you mean?" I proceeded to tell him about the faint line and he said we would go get a digital one that said either "pregnant or not pregnant" and take it again in the morning, but not to tell anyone today. 
WELLL... for me hiding what could be AWESOME news from everyone was awful. I felt like I could explode all day long but I stayed strong and held it in. We went to Walmart got the clearblue digital test and waited till morning. 
Next morning I popped up out of the bed with excitement and ran into the bathroom, did my business and waited the three minutes with my eyes closed and my heart pounding. I was thinking the whole time "God please let this say pregnant." So three minutes went by but it felt like an hour and I opened my eyes and THERE IT WAS.. 



I am here to tell you right now, other than when Bobby asked me to marry him, I don't think I had ever been so excited in my entire life. 
I ran into the bedroom and jumped on Bobby and showed him and he was in shock and said thats great babe I need to call the insurance and see i need to switch anything over lol.. All day he was saying "This feels so wierd I can't believe I am gonna be a daddy." Now he can't stop talking about it and what all we need to be looking for to buy and stuff. It's so sweet.
I wanted to be sure to tell mom and Mary (bobby's mom) in person just to see their reaction. I had texted everyone and told them and called my real dad to tell him he would be a grandpa and he seemed real excited about it. So we proceeded on to church and once we got out we got a bite to eat and went to Walmart. We had planned on getting little onesies that said something about grandmas and giving those to mom and Mary but they didn't have any cute gender neutral ones sooo we just got cards instead that said something about "your grandbaby is on the way". Afterwards we headed over to momma's to tell her before Allibeth's (my brother's little girls) first birthday party. Well momma only read the first few lines and started screaming HYSTERICALLY and jumping up and down and crying and yelling. I mean I was kinda shocked at HOW excited she was. So then momma drove me over to where my daddy Lonnie was at and he was just tickled pink. 
We went to Allibeth's birthday party and left after about an hour or so and went to Bobby's mommas. I walked in and acted all normal and whatnot and I handed her the card and she said "what is this for?" I told her just to open and it she would find out. Well she read through it and smiled real big and looked up at Donny (his dad) and said "I'm gonna be a grandma" and they were both just tickled. 

Well after the parents were told I posted it on Facebook and then most of Jackson County knew about it after that. 

So about the "bushrod" name... I was at work one night between rounds looking at boy names that started with a "B" and someone actually named their kid "Bushrod" and I got so tickled at that name and was telling Bobby we could name our kid lil Bushrod Buck lol.. It was so funny and ever since then we have referred to it as "Bushrod" until we know otherwise lol. 

Bobby suggested that I start scrapbooking every month my measurements and stuff so I did.. here is the 4 week picture I put in the scrap book..







- Paige

 

1 comment: